jueves, 19 de marzo de 2015

I love the Rainforest!

My oh my! I am so excited about this new set of videos i´ve found!
For the girls who are working on the rainforest, these videos might be helpful. I hope they are cause i loved them :)
The fields museum organized an expedition to the Amazon in Peru  and some of the things they found out are amazing. You can check their work here:

They also invited the people from The brain scoop to join them and record their findings.
In the first video you can see something i never knew happened. A section in the Amazon that has very poor soil but vegetation is still trying to thrive so it grows in a very strange way, forming what they call a root mat. Things grow above the soil and sideways! I think the videos will explain it better. Here:




In this third video, the same team goes bird-watching, really interesting too :)


In these two they walk through the forest in the middle of the night


1 comentario:

  1. These last videos were instructive and fun! Thanks again Sol!!

    ResponderEliminar